[AMPS] re[amps]Power Handling Capability of Coax Cable

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] re[amps]Power Handling Capability of Coax Cable
From: dhearn@ix.netcom.com (dan hearn)
Date: Fri, 05 May 2000 15:51:17 -0700
There was an article in QST some 10 years ago or so concerning losses in
coax cable. I believe the author was employed at Amphenol but not sure.
I was interested in his statemant that the dominant loss in coax cables,
in the HF range, was I squared R loss in the center conductor, not in
the dielectric. This is due to current concentration at the surface
caused by skin effect. I wonder if someone could check their old QST's
re this?

73, Dan, N5AR