[AMPS] Info. Wanted -- MMD 530022 RF Power Transistor

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Info. Wanted -- MMD 530022 RF Power Transistor
From: kline@hybrid.com (Brian Kline)
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 20:28:54 -0700
Hi

I am looking for the data sheet or other information on the following
MMD transistor

The transistors are marked

MMD
530022
4500 20

The transistor case is similar in style to Motorola case 333-04, with
emitter leads on both sides of the base and collector leads.

These transistors are in a prototype power amplifier assembly that
paralleled pairs of them and used the pairs in a push pull block and
then combined a pair of push pull blocks for a total of 8 transistors.
They then combined two of these modules.
I am guessing that this assembly is capable of 600-1000W in the HF or
low VHF band and runs on 24V.
The date codes on the other devices in the assembly indicate the
assembly was built in 1987.

MMD appears to have been bought up or gone out of business so I have not
been able to find any information on the devices.
If you can provide me with a copy of the data sheet, or the basic
specifications, or even a MMD catalog from that period if this is a
non-standard number I would appreciate it.

Brian Kline
WA6QDP

Email   kline@hybrid.com