[AMPS] Info. Wanted -- MMD 530022 RF Power Transistor

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Info. Wanted -- MMD 530022 RF Power Transistor
From: rfamps@ic24.net (Steve Thompson)
Date: Sat, 13 May 2000 11:12:53 +0100
I remember MMD launching a band II 700W amplifier. Somewhere in my archives
I have the RF Design article that came out when the module was announced. It
sounds similar to what you have, with pairs of transistors in parallel then
in push pull. If I remember correctly, it used 8 devices and ran off 48V. 8
modules were combined in a 5kW tx. The transistors were FETs - I think that
MMD bought die in and then did their own packaging, although they might have
had die made to order. My best guess would be that the devices resemble
Motorola 150W FETs (MRF140 (28V) or MRF150 (50V).

Steve