[AMPS]

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS]
From: Wt8r@aol.com (Wt8r@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 09:39:27 EDT
In a message dated 5/16/00 9:19:18 AM Eastern Daylight Time, k5py@pisp.net
writes:

> I have not been able to get any help to speak of from qro much other than i'
> am doing something wrong. I have been a ham since 1966 and built many amps
> and so help me i can't seem to find this problem. I'am i the only one
having
> trouble with this amp and this tube. i order one from rf parts and it was
bad
> when i got it.  help k5py.

I think I would enter into negotiations with QRO to refund my money if I were
you.  These amps ain't cheap and if you are getting little or no cooperation
from the vendor other than to tell you that you are doing somethng wrong, it
sounds bogus to me.
I find it difficult to believe that you are the ONLY one having trouble with
this amplifier...generally when a problem like this shows up, it is NOT an
isolated case.  It is very EASY for the manufacturer to tell you that YOU are
doing something wrong as that relieves HIM of the responsibility and requires
YOU to troubleshoot HIS product which YOU paid for.  I find it incredible
that a manufacturer would provide you "NO SERVICE" after the sale.

I have heard that Svetlana has had some production problems with their tubes.

Dave, WT8R