[AMPS]

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS]
From: philk5pc@tyler.net (Phil Clements)
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 08:57:59 -0500
we have a qro HF3KDX amp that is less than 6 months old, and it uses the new
4cx1600 and i mean
uses them it has all ready went through 3 tubes the first one qro said it was
my fault and i
had to by it, no 2 they bought it no 3 the tube was bad when i got it no4 just
quit. first the
res in the b+ lead shorted to ground blowing fuse fis that then the rf choke
shorted to ground
and blew it apart, fix that now it was just sitting their this morning running
and i went to
key it and the tube went south it shorted. I have not been able to get any help
to speak of
from qro much other than i'am doing something wrong. I have been a ham since
1966 and built
many amps and so help me i can't seem to find this problem. I'am i the only one
having trouble
with this amp and this tube. i order one from rf parts and it was bad when i
got it.  help
k5py.

If the amp is still in warranty, send it back to QRO.
When it comes back, sell it immediately.
If it is not, sell it for what you can get out of it, and take your losses.

There have been many problems with QRO. Several guys on the
East coast in particular.

I have had several conversations with the owner of QRO. His expertise
is in real estate, I understand; not amplifiers.

GL!
Phil, K5PC