Subject: Re: [AMPS] Dentron L Tuned Input

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Subject: Re: [AMPS] Dentron L Tuned Input
From: zellmer@raccoon.com (Jim Zellmer)
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 21:30:42 -0500
To: <amps@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 16:56:09 -0500
From: "Phil Clements" <philk5pc@tyler.net>

Subject: [AMPS] Dentron L Tuned Input

> Looking for information on the Tuned Input on the Dentron L tuned input.
>
> OR
>
> Schematic for the tuned input and/or a schematic for building a tuned
input.
Mike,

My memory may be faulty, but I seem to remember someone on the Amp list
mentioning that a transformer could be used to help the input impediences of
a ML-2500.  I seem to remember that the tubes were looking for about 200
ohms on the input.

I was clipping articles out of a bunch of old CQ magazines and came across a
unbalanced to unbalanced 4 to 1 transformer that consisted of 10 double
turns of  #18 gauge Formvar wire wound on a Palomar Engineering powered iron
core (T-80).  The torroid core had an OD of .8 inch and ID of .3 inch.

 This transformer might be useable for your application.  I am going to try
one in my MLA-2500 along with a pad.

The article was from the December 85 issue of CQ magazine starting on page
13.  Title:  "The Silver City Kilowatt" by Dean Battishill and Lew McCoy.

73,

Jim Zellmer, KA0VSL

> Running a Yaesu FT-847 into the Dentron L with a manual tuner between the
rig
> and the amp which is really a pain.
>
> Thanks
> Mike

Dentron made a "black box" tuned input for their amps. It has a switch on
the
front of it for 160-10m. These are still floating around...one just sold on
E-Bay
three days ago. Henry Radio will sell you a tuned input completely assembled
and aligned. All you need is a box or build it into an amp.

If you are a builder, look at any ARRL Handbook for details and projects.

GL!
Phil, K5PC