[AMPS] Amp choices for new shack: AL-572, AL-80B, Centurion, QROHF2000

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Amp choices for new shack: AL-572, AL-80B, Centurion, QROHF2000
From: w6rw@earthlink.net (Michael S. Mitchell, W6RW)
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 15:58:25 -0700
Hi Pat....my recommendation for that price range is to purchase a used 3-holer
Alpha
76. Make sure it gets full output without exceeding recommended grid current or
you
will have to replace the tubes pretty soon. What you should really do is spend
just
a little bit more and purchase a used Alpha 77 or 78. It is really hard to go
wrong
with an Alpha (if the tubes are good).

73 es cul de Mike/W6RW