[AMPS] Proper Wire Size for "L" Tank Coil?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Proper Wire Size for "L" Tank Coil?
From: philk5pc@tyler.net (Phil Clements)
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2000 12:54:17 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0150_01BFEE5B.C953A500

Much has been written for the proper size conductor
to be used in the construction of tank coils, but very little
data is available for the proper construction of the "L" coil in=20
a Pi-L network, other than its value.  Is there a source for
this ?

The torroid is very popular for this purpose, as it is more
compact and self-shielding, allowing close-to -chassis mounting.
Has anyone run any tests on the maximum power handling capability
of such a coil?=20

There is probably a formula for a simple "L" coil; given an image
inductance of 300 ohms and 50 ohms output, but I have never seen
it.

I guess my bottom-line question is: what would a 9.5 uh 20 amp rated
"L" coil look like?

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC

Phil Clements
410 VZ CR 4903
Ben Wheeler, TX 75754

------=_NextPart_000_0150_01BFEE5B.C953A500

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type><BASE=20
href=3D"file://C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft =
Shared\Stationery\">
<STYLE>BODY {
        BACKGROUND-POSITION: left top; BACKGROUND-REPEAT: no-repeat; COLOR: =
#000000; FONT-FAMILY: Comic Sans MS; FONT-SIZE: 10pt
}
</STYLE>

<META content=3D"MSHTML 5.00.2722.2800" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>Much has been written for the proper size conductor</DIV>
<DIV>to be used in the construction of tank coils, but very little</DIV>
<DIV>data is available for the proper construction of the "L" coil in =
</DIV>
<DIV>a Pi-L network, other than its value.&nbsp; Is there a source =
for</DIV>
<DIV>this ?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The torroid is very popular for this purpose, as it is more</DIV>
<DIV>compact and self-shielding, allowing close-to -chassis =
mounting.</DIV>
<DIV>Has anyone run any tests on the maximum power handling =
capability</DIV>
<DIV>of such a coil? </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>There is probably a formula for a simple "L" coil; given an =
image</DIV>
<DIV>inductance of 300 ohms and 50 ohms output, but I have never =
seen</DIV>
<DIV>it.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I guess my bottom-line question is: what would a 9.5 uh 20 amp =
rated</DIV>
<DIV>"L" coil look like?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>(((73)))</DIV>
<DIV>Phil, K5PC<BR></DIV>
<DIV>Phil Clements<BR>410 VZ CR 4903<BR>Ben Wheeler, TX=20
75754<BR></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0150_01BFEE5B.C953A500--