[AMPS] CBers

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] CBers
From: da_kang@hotmail.com (Jeff Wolf)
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 13:47:03 GMT
>The latest addition to this are boaters, now using amateur rigs to
>communicate. They populate 160 and 80 meters, some operate
>from USA Gulf of Mexico ports.

That has been a problem LONG before Casio brought the Ranger AR-3500 to
market.

>Most of this indirectly stems from the education provided by CBers
>that any frequency you dial up is "OK", and greedy people who sell
>these guys amateur gear.

Are you sure of the above statement?  I thought most all of those people
learned from using their scanners to listen to 2 meters or their Sangean
RX's to listen to the battle nets on 75?

Now you are being very hypocritical, Tom.  Hams have destroyed portions of
their bands just as much as the CBers have.  And to say that CBers are the
root of EVERYTHING bad in any portion of the radio spectrum is just making
you look like a donkey.

Toll Free