[AMPS] Blown TL922A... What to do?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Blown TL922A... What to do?
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 15:23:52 -0400

> Now I understand the Grate parasitic debate and how long standing debates
> become feuds but do we really have a serious debate on the cooling
> capacity of the TL922A ? I thought that the good cooling system almost
> compensated for the "weak" power supply. Cooling has never been a topic of
> complaint with anyone I  have talked to that has one. just my 2 cents
> worth and if you figure for inflation.....well you get the idea. Dave /
> WB0PKK

Please read my post carefully and correctly.

I said the cooling system in the TL-922 was not adequate to cook
the tubes in at 300-400 watts dissipation. That is a continuous duty
application.

If you doubt this, do some temperature tests on the tube seals with
300-400 watts dissipation per tube CCS.

People often don't take the time to read, before they respond.

Just my two cents worth.

73, Tom W8JI
w8ji@contesting.com