[AMPS] Blown TL922A... What to do?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Blown TL922A... What to do?
From: philk5pc@tyler.net (Phil Clements)
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 09:25:26 -0500
> >I think he blaims Tom for having gotten him booted from participating in
> the amps write-up for ARRL, or some such thing- His vehemance is
> astounding, and bitter enough for it to have been something major.

Rich wrote an article in QST, January 1994; page 30, "The Nearly Perfect
Amplifier."
In September, 1994 QST in the "Technical Correspondence" section, page 71,
a group of "Contributors" questioned the technical accuracy of several points
made
in the article.

The "Contributors" were:
1 .Frederick J. Telewski, WA7ZTY
2. Reid Brandon, W6MTF
3. Bill Clemow, KE7CX
4. John C. Faken, KB6MU
5. Steven D. Katz, WB2WIK/6
6. Tom Rauch, W8JI

I will let you judge for yourself on who was correct and who was not, but as a
result
subsequent articles submitted by Rich to QST for publication were rejected by
the
editors of QST, including his rebuttal to the Technical Correspondence disputing
his article.

I hope this is useful in bringing you newcomers to the "Grate Debate" up to
date.
You can now read the two pieces and judge for yourself. You can then ask
specific
questions to the authors of the material.

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC