[AMPS] Great debate

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Great debate
From: 2@vc.net (measures)
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 02:06:08 -0700

To: <amps@contesting.com>
>Date: 15 September 2000 01:02
>Subject: Re: [AMPS] 8877 test results.
>

>>On Thu, 14 Sep 2000 18:41:51 -0400, Michael O. Hyder wrote:
>>
>>>I've been reading some of this Grate Debate II.  It is beginning to sound
>>>like Alchemy 101.
>>
>>I've been away from the reflector for about a year and a half.  The
>>Grate Debate seems to still be in full swing.
>

>I'm sure for some that it really does 'grate'. Is the misspelling a
>deliberate pun?

Yes.

Here's a fun excerpt from a letter that Mr. Rauch wrote to a friend of
mine on 1-16-1996.
----------------
"... ln the interests of being fair to Mr. Measures, I would be willing
to debate him in any organized mutually agreeable forum. The advantage to
Mr. Measures is the freedom to present his views and answer any
challenges. The advantage to builders is they could follow both
viewpoints and decide which view they accept. The advantage to opposing
side is they will finally have an opportunity to fully debate some of Mr.
Measure's theories.
This is a purely technical issue. I insist all personal accusations be
left out. "

[delightsome]

Thank You,

Tom Rauch, W8JI"