[AMPS] All Mode KW Transmitter firmware

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] All Mode KW Transmitter firmware
From: warrenw@pentek.com (Warren J. Walsh)
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 12:05:01 -0400
At 11:55 AM 9/15/00 -0400, Radio WC6W wrote:

>On Thu, 14 Sep 2000 00:24:26 -0700 nospam4me@juno.com writes:
> >

> >[snip]
> >>From: Radio WC6W <wc6w@juno.com>
> >>Here is my entry into the interesting project category -- A Kilowatt
> >>transistor SSB/FM/AM/CW/etc. transmitter for 160 through 6 meters.
> >>Comments, suggestions... anybody want to help?
> >>73,  Marv  WC6W
> >
> >I was interested in writing some code at first glance. As you
> >started adding features, the required development time started
> >to grow out of control. I got a headache thinking about a
> >mountain of code with one mis typed line about half way down.
> >Out source time...
> >
> >cheers
> >skipp
> >

>Hi Skipp,
>    Well, that kind of thinking never stopped Microsoft ... from selling a
>product with way more than one mistyped line!!!
>
>    The coding is probably one of the easier parts of this project.
>
>    It's the chips with 100 (teeny-tiny) pins (er... little nubs) that
>slow me down!!!
>
>73,
>   Marv  WC6W

Gee Marv, you mean you don't have a surface mount reflow solder station?  I
think every ham should have one of those in his tool kit! :-)))

Before becoming a designer, I worked the bench as a technician and I'm
pretty good at fine pitch SMT soldering.  I now give most of my soldering
work to our production people, but I still have access and do my own
soldering from time to time.  So if you really need some help, send me your
boards and parts and I'll solder them on for you!

73,
Warren - K2BM

Warren J. Walsh (warrenw@pentek.com) Pentek, Inc.
Design Engineer                      One Park Way
Phone: (201) 818-5900 x 251          Upper Saddle River, NJ 07458
Fax:   (201) 818-5941                http://www.pentek.com/