[AMPS] Vacuum variable repair? Possible?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Vacuum variable repair? Possible?
From: mark@armscroft.demon.co.uk (Mark Trotman)
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 17:28:56 +0100
Hi folks,

I have just been handed a Jennings 919-0211-00 6kV 25-2500pF vacuum
variable capacitor. The previous owner tells me that it changes its
value at will (almost). Apparently it will start off giving something
like a "normal" reading and then drops to half then to zero. I
haven't a clue what may be happening or why. Perhaps someone here has
seen these symptoms before. Does anyone know if a repair may be
possible? The Jennings server appears to be down at the moment so I
can't enquire there (for now).

Any help gratefully received.

Vy 73

Mark