[AMPS] Bird meters

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Bird meters
From: Peter_Chadwick@mitel.com (Peter Chadwick)
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 08:39:14 +0100
Jim said:

>So,  would appear to be that the deflection is proportional
>to a function of the current,  that is it's square.

        >But,  I may be looking at this incorrectly,  or maybe do
      >not understand the question,  hi.

No, Jim, you understand the question fine. I'm not too sure that's the answer I
want though!

With Bird replacement meters at $70a pop, I'm hoping that a rescaled
conventional meter and an op amp to drive it will do, with a copy of the Bird
scale attached to the meter - I have a '2 holer' pick up line, and want the
meters to make a pwr/SWR meter to rack mount in the antenna tuner/switch rack.

73

Peter G3RZP