[AMPS] MFJ-259B Question

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] MFJ-259B Question
From: Peter_Chadwick@mitel.com (Peter Chadwick)
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 08:00:42 +0100
Rich says:

> I bought an MFJ keyer.  It went belly up.   I opened it up to make repairs.
>was shocked at the shoddy construction.

I bought a MFJ484 keyer for the XYL some 14 years ago. The electronics is well
made: the plastic laminate is tending to unstick from the case, and the holes
for the monitor speaker are randomly drilled, but otherwise, it's fine. Guess it
should be replaced because the memory sucks so much current that you lose the
memories when you turn it off - that's old RAM technology, though. But it was
value for money.

I have an MFJ low pass filter, and that's fine too. I would have preferred the
next gauge up of metal in the case, but you gets what you paid for - no more.

I speak as I find; I build most of my gear though, so I'm not that good a
reference source for commercial stuff.

73

Peter G3RZP