[AMPS] Series Tuned Tank?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Series Tuned Tank?
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 22:11:30 -0400
> When I model a series L, the results also show an increase in Q,
> by a lot more than with the series cap.  But, there's a lot of options for
> values.  After hunting around for a while and not finding a mix that
> works, suggestions are welcome.

With the series L, make it an L network with zero j output.

The tube Cout becomes the L networks shunt component, while
the L "feeds out" to the outside world.

Now take whatever impedance you wind up with and use another
minimum-Q network to transform that back to 50 ohms.

In many (but not all) cases that will result in the lowest Q solution
that provides acceptable harmonic suppression.

73, Tom W8JI
w8ji@contesting.com