[AMPS] RF Choke

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] RF Choke
From: 2@vc.net (measures)
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 10:53:27 -0800

>>Would someone be kind enough provide me with a source for a replacment >1mh
>>RF choke for the grid of a SB-220.  The only values I am able to >locate
>>are Millen 200 and 300 ma 1mh chokes.  What value should I look >for as a
>>replacement?
>
>>Thank You
>
>>Richard
>>AC5YV
>

>A straight piece of strap going from all grid pins to ground is the best
>bet.
>

>Toll Free

 Higher grid resonance is more desirabler since it increases vhf
stability.  To see if strapping to ground is really the "best bet", use a
(real) dipmeter to compare grid resonance with 3 x 200pF = 600pF to
ground (Heath stock) vs. resonance with direct strapping to ground.

One of the more laughable old wives' tales in ham radio is the assumption
that heavy strap has zero inductance.

end

end