[AMPS] Opinions on HP 675 & 676

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Opinions on HP 675 & 676
From: phil@vaxxine.com (Phil (VA3UX))
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 19:56:29 -0500
I need opinions on the HP 675 10 Khz - 32 Mhz CW sweep generator, and the
matching HP 676 Tracking Detector.  I have no experience with sweepers but
I've always wanted one for experimenting with tuned circuits and filters in
the HF range.  This is strictly for non-serious, amateur, hobby use.  I've
been offered the pair for $130, in good working condition.

Should I or shouldn't I ?  Feel free to tell me to steer clear of them if
they have a bad reputation, are notoriously hard to repair or whatever.

Many thanks in advance.

Phil