[AMPS] SB-220

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] SB-220
From: 2@vc.net (measures)
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 02:15:05 -0800
>I need to replace the Caps in the P.S. on my SB-220.  Since Harbach is out
>of service does someone know another source for the 200pf 450vdc caps.

The newer electrolytics have more C in the same case size.  I would go
with 470uF, 450v, 105-degrees C.  The price break is at 10 units, so it
pays to buy 16 caps and divide the order.

>Would replacing the filament transformer with a PWDahl provide me any
>benefit?

It would help to make your wallet easier to carry.
.
> Or would I also have to replace the original power transformer
>with a hypersil..

For better regulation, use copy the tapped secondary config. that the
TL-922 uses.  Add stepstart or the on/off switch is toast.  //  I would
not replace the orig. hv transformer unless it failed.

cheers, Richard

end