[AMPS] Hi Power Connectors

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Hi Power Connectors
From: i4jmy@iol.it (i4jmy@iol.it)
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 13:35:41 +0100
On my opinion, for Hi power applications best available connectors are
EIA flange connectors (7/8", 1-5/8" etc.) that are built for a lot of
cables, from the small RG213 and up to 7/8" lines, and even larger,
with the benefit that they are nowadays used, produced by a number of
different manufacturers and currently found on flea markets.
Generally speaking, anyway, there's not a great meaning to use large
power connector with small cables. An exception, but for specialyzed
applications like indoor test or baluns, could be relatively short runs
of teflon cables like RG393.

73,
Mauri I4JMY

amps@contesting.com,   "'DF3KV@aol.com'"  <DF3KV@aol.com>