[AMPS] SWR Protection

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] SWR Protection
From: Peter_Chadwick@mitel.com (Peter Chadwick)
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 16:36:42 -0000
The zeners were from collector to ground, and were usually 36v zeners on a 13.6
v supply.

This makes me feel very old, as I can remember semiconductor manufacturers
making a big thing out of the fact that they were introducing ratings for their
devices of all angle VSWRs up to 5:1! The first RF power devices weren't rated
for mismatches.......it was after mobile radio people were losing PA transistors
to mismatches that the manufacturers woke up to the reality. This was about the
time the concept of 'Application Engineers' was introduced - usually considered
as a job to be  serving in time in hell before retiring! (there speaks
experience...)

73

Peter G3RZP