[AMPS] Re: [Henry] On-off, or leave it on?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: [Henry] On-off, or leave it on?
From: philk5pc@tyler.net (Phil Clements)
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2000 12:26:02 -0600
Hi Chuck, and fellow reflectees,

There are several things to consider here.

1. Do you have inrush protection on your filament transformer, or a
    transformer that is designed specifically for the tube it powers,
    so that inrush is self-limiting?

2. After an on-the-air session, do you wait until the blower has done
    its thing, and cooled the tube down to a reasonable level?

If your answer to both of the above is yes, you may operate in any manner
you wish.

I have a Henry 2000D here (3CX3000A7) that I converted to single-band
160 use. The "instant-on" feature is really useful on 160m, as an opening
to a rare country often lasts less than 3 minutes. Observing the two points
above, this amp has been working flawlessly for over 10 years.

Season's Greetings to all on the reflector!

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC

Subject: [Henry] On-off, or leave it on?