[AMPS] Advice On Homebrewing Chassis Please

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Advice On Homebrewing Chassis Please
From: W6RU@bak.rr.com (Terry Gaiser)
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2000 20:16:15 -0800

------=_NextPart_000_001A_01C06DE6.5E070D40

Hey Group ... Best Of Holiday Wishes To All,

After many years of wanting to put together a metal shop of some sort I =
am finally doing so. I now have a foot sheer to go along with my brake. =
Now I am trying to decide what the next tools should be ...

One of my goals is too be able to make a chassis of any size and shape I =
may need. It looks like on commercially made chassis the corners have =
the flaps "spot" welded together. Who can tell me how this is done on =
aluminum? I remember the spot welders from metal shop in jr. high school =
and spot welding tin together ... is this all that is needed to put =
aluminum together? Another possibility is to weld the corners of the =
chassis together but I fear the needed equipment to do this would be =
very expensive?=20

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated. If I can become equipped =
and able to turn out a nice chassis I have considered making them =
available to fellow homebrewers.

Thank You,

Terry W6RU

------=_NextPart_000_001A_01C06DE6.5E070D40

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hey Group ... Best Of Holiday Wishes To =

All,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>After many years of wanting to put =
together a metal=20
shop of some sort I am finally doing so. I now have a foot sheer to go =
along=20
with my brake. Now I am trying to decide what the next tools should be=20
...</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>One of my goals is too be able to make =
a chassis of=20
any size and shape I may need. It looks like on commercially made=20
chassis&nbsp;the corners have the flaps "spot" welded together. Who can =
tell me=20
how this is done on aluminum? I remember the spot welders from metal =
shop in jr.=20
high school and spot welding tin together ... is this all that is needed =
to put=20
aluminum together? Another&nbsp;possibility is to weld the corners of =
the=20
chassis together but I fear the needed equipment to do this would be =
very=20
expensive? </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Any suggestions or help would be =
appreciated. If I=20
can become equipped and&nbsp;able to turn out a nice chassis I have =
considered=20
making them available to fellow homebrewers.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thank You,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Terry =
W6RU</FONT></DIV></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_001A_01C06DE6.5E070D40--