[AMPS] Advice On Homebrewing Chassis Please

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Advice On Homebrewing Chassis Please
From: Wt8r@aol.com (Wt8r@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 07:03:59 EST
In a message dated 12/27/00 3:02:51 AM Eastern Standard Time, 2@vc.net writes:

>  I install PEM nuts by drilling the specified size hole, inserting the
>  nut, and squeezing with a large vise.  The mfg's name is Pennsylvania
>  Engineering and Manufacturing.  There has gotta be a Web site.  My local
>  distributor is Dudek Co. in Oxnard, CA.  They have a $20 minimum.  I buy
>  1/8" 6061-t6, cut-to-order plate from Inductrial Metals in Burbank.

Gentlemen, please see the PEM URL:  http://www.pemnet.com/

I use PEM nuts and press them into the aluminum plate or angle using a
hardened piece of machine steel rod with a flat end on it.  The drill press
provides the pressure needed to cause the aluminum to cold flow into the
fastener.

Season's Greetings.

Dave, WT8R