[AMPS] HV PSU Question

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] HV PSU Question
From: gd0tep@qsl.net (gd0tep@qsl.net)
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2001 13:36:30 -0000
> I immediately thought of placing a 240/110 transformer in the primary to
> feed the 'main' transformer with 110v onto the 240 primary tapping. This
> would be fine, except that sourcing such a transformer in the UK has
proven
> difficult.

I would have thought that the standard 240/110 transformers as used on
building sites for example would be fine for this sort of thing.
But why not use a regulac variac, then you've also got "soft start"

> filter choke - but by my calculation this requires a choke of some 5H or
> more! How do I build such a choke, or where can I purchase one?

I got a nice one from Surplus Sales... try http://www.surplussales.com/

73 es hny de Andy GD0TEP