[AMPS] 3phases & Alpha

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 3phases & Alpha
From: bjk@ihug.co.nz (Barry Kirkwood)
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 01:35:53 +1300
Just so.
I do not know what the US conventions are, but here the term "double
insulated" is used to describe equipment that has the ac line (what we call
phase and neutral) applied to the motor, transformer or whatever, while the
case is of non conducting material that cannot become live even if there is
what we call an "earth fault"
I have built TX ht supplies using this philosophy. No metal chassis. Build
on wood, box with wood, albeit wood with plastic skin so that it looks
suitably technical.
73

end
Barry Kirkwood PhD ZL1DD