[AMPS] Clipperton L amplifier

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Clipperton L amplifier
From: bjk@ihug.co.nz (Barry Kirkwood)
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 12:45:24 +1300
The last tetrode amp of any significance I built was almost half a century
ago.  Used an 813 in class C.

The texts at the time made much of the role of the screen in the possible
production of VHF parasitics. Various fixes based mainly on crude empiricism
were offered. Amongst those suggested was running the screen feed in
shielded wire. Presumably one effect of this would be better VHF bypassing,
as the bypass capacitors used at the time were a bit suspect at VHF. Hence I
am not surprised to hear that a fix of a presumably VHF parasite was
achieved as described. (e.g. See pps 22.9-10, Orr, W.I. , Radio Handbook
19th edn 1975)

cheers

end
Barry Kirkwood PhD ZL1DD