[AMPS] Amplifier Neutralisation

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Amplifier Neutralisation
From: ve3zi@hotmail.com (Roger P)
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 13:39:42
I have been reading the mail about neutralisation and in particular the
FL-2100Z circuitry. Like Ian, I looked at the circuit and thought 'that's
pretty poor as it will depend totally on the settings of the tuned circuit'.
I've been pondering some more, and it seems to me that any neutralisation
circuit on any tuned amplifier will depend on the settings of the tuned
circuit(s). The output device will only see a resistive load, and hence no
phase shift, when the output circuity is resonant. It also seems to me
possible that with some configurations of output circuitry and at some
frequencies, neutralisation could introduce positive feedback, and that with
any configuration it could only be effective at the resonant (and possibly
harmonic) frequency of the tank circuit.

Is this correct? If it is, it is easy to see why neutralisation can
sometimes make matter worse.

73 Roger
VE3ZI