[AMPS] tube brand question...

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] tube brand question...
From: philk5pc@tyler.net (Phil Clements)
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 18:08:17 -0600
> Subject: [AMPS] tube brand question...
>

> > Folks,
> >
> > I need to buy four 572B's for a Dentron 160-10L. It appears there is a
> choice
> > of three vendors: Taylor, Cetron, and Svetlana. The Cetrons are notably
> more
> > expensive. Is there a good (quality?) reason for that? Which brand would
> > you(s) recommend?

Record one vote for Cetron...I am working over a SB-200 for a friend. (HVPS
problem)
The original Cetron tubes that came with the amp are still making rated power.
The date codes are 1976!

Check RF Parts Co. in California web site. They give the full scoop on 572-B's,
including warranty info. They have several brands, including the ones you
mentioned.

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC