[AMPS] SB-220: Operate/Standby Switch

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] SB-220: Operate/Standby Switch
From: wb8jkr@juno.com (wb8jkr@juno.com)
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 19:43:34 -0500
  Eric,

  If you really want to do it the best way is to replace the
rel. output sensitivity pot with a pot that has a built in
on/off switch. Then wire the switch in series with the
wire going to the relay control jack on the rear panel.
With the switch in the off position the amp can't be
keyed. No holes, easily restored back to normal.

Mark  WB8JKR

On Thu, 1 Feb 2001 16:36:56 -0500 "Eric Moore"
<emoore@windemullerelectric.com> writes:

> In the May 1989 QST article
> http://www.arrl.org/tis/info/pdf/sstrans.pdf
> and a thread a few months back, a good modification to make (lets
> not
> debate the fact again, as it may not really be required, but I want
> to do
> it at any rate) is to add a standby/operate switch to keep the
> filaments on
> and hot, to the unit.  I would like to do this modification and
> lower the
> keying requirements at the same time, per the article, but I do not
> want to
> drill any holes in the front panel of the unit to mount the SPST
> switch.
> What are some ideas for adding a switch in a easy to use,
> inconspicuous
> place, that does not involve any permanent changes, i.e. drilling.
>
> I am sure this has come up before, but I can't find the answer in
> the
> archives.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> 73,