[AMPS] Beam Power Tubes

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Beam Power Tubes
From: ko4nrbs@yahoo.com (Bill Smith)
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 12:44:46 -0800 (PST)
I'm wondering what the significance is of grounding
both beam plates in the Svetlana EL-509/6KG6 tube.
This came up over converting a Dentron GLA-1000B to
use these tubes.  The Svetlana instructions were for
the GLA-1000 not the "B".  Wouldn't you know the
sockets are jumpered differently on these two amps?
Could this account for no measurable plate current
after the converison, both beam plates grounded?

If I apply drive I see a plate voltage drop and
relative power increase on the amps meter but no power
out on my watt meter.
73,
Bill Smith KO4NR