[AMPS] QRO HF-2000 questions

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] QRO HF-2000 questions
From: w9js@charter.net (John Simmons)
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 19:43:14 +0000
Hello to all;
I took the plunge and purchased a QRO HF2000 amp at the Charlotte ham
fest.
I was wondering if there are any updates I should make to this amp.
Are there any known problems with this amp.
My other question concerns proper use of the ALC control.
My only previous experience with a 3-500 amp was with SB220 which had a
fixed ALC.
I am using this amp with a IC-756  which specifies a -4 volt ALC control
voltage.
The QRO outputs up to -20 volts ALC control.
The amp tune up procedure says to set the ALC control counter-clockwise.

It is not clear from my reading of the manual how this affects the ALC
voltage.
My assumption is that this sets the ALC voltage to minimum to allow
maximum drive from the exciter.
I would like to hear for anyone that has experience with this amp.
Please reply privately  to keep from cluttering the list.
Thanks
John Simmons  W9JS
mailto:w9js@charter.net