[AMPS] 4-1000A Project

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 4-1000A Project
From: w2ge@home.com (Phil Levin W2GE)
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 11:15:24 -0400
Well let's clear this up...

In cows the disease is called MAD COW disease, in Sheep it's called Scrapie,
I believe in monkeys its' called Kuru...  these are all "Transmissible
Spongiform encephalopathies" that is the brain takes on a "sponge like"
appearance..., this disease in humans is called "Creutzfield-JaKob
disease"....    The thing with this disease is that it does have a species
transmission barrier, that is, it is very likely to transmit from one cow to
another, but not to another species.  However in the lab, it has proven to
be cross species transmissible and there is a MUCH higher incidence of CJD
in humans in the areas where mad cow disease is prevalent...SO....  Back to
AMPS...

Phil Levin W2GE