[AMPS] Floating Ground

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Floating Ground
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 13:02:15 -0400
> Why floating ground (ground and negative separated between 50 ohm
> resistor) always use in modern HV Power Supply,

The floating ground is so GRID current can be measured
independently of ANODE current, without having the meters in the
positive anode line or between the grid and chassis.

You should ALWAYS have more than a 50 ohm resistor for
clamping. A 50 ohm resistor is unsafe when used alone. A single
diode will protect all the meters, and the operator, when installed
from the negative rail to the ground.

There is generally no reason to use more than that.

 > And why in stand by mode, tube also biasing for cut off voltage, and
> why not cutting off cathode from negative.

I don't understand that question, sorry.

73, Tom W8JI
W8JI@contesting.com