[AMPS] silver

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] silver
From: k7fm@teleport.com (Lamb)
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2001 21:28:41 -0700
In this era of energy saving, we need to be creative.  Why not route the
output of the exhaust stack of that high power rig into the bathroom and use
it for hair and hand drying.   If we coordinate operation with washing hands
before dinner and showers in the morning, we will soon have the family
members pleading with you to get on the air just before dinner and just
after you get up.  A bit more ductwork will give you heat to dry clothes.

Assuming 50% efficiency, a 1500 watt amplifier should do a passable job for
drying hands.  For good performance in drying clothes, 15 kw output is a
minimum.

For the weekend, fire up the 4W50,000 to heat the hot tub up, then finish up
the qso with a 4CX5000 to dry off.

If we can design the rig with more circulating currents, we can vent
directly into the oven and cook with hf instead of microwaves.  Perhaps a
turkey on a spit inside the big roller inductor can cook two birds with one
rig.

We can replace the parasitic suppressor with a hot dog, so that any unwanted
radiation will cook a quick lunch - like those 120 volt hot dog
electrocuters we had back in the fifties.   For best results, try digital or
am mode.  The intermittent nature of cw and ssb can lead to uncertain
results.

Colin  K7FM