[AMPS] Zener screen supplies

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Zener screen supplies
From: John_Nelson@compuserve.com (John Nelson)
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 09:59:24 -0400
Message text written by measures

>The Eimac outline drawing for the 4cx250B shows a much longer leakage
path.<

The Eimac outline drawing (Page 8 of data sheet no 4009 dated 9-1-79) for
the 4CX250B/FG does not enumerate this dimension and in any event is rather
oversize. Measurement of an actual 4CX250B shows that the insulator surface
path is just under 7mm long, as opposed to slightly over 10mm on the
drawing.

> I have never experienced an external arc,  John.<

Can you be sure of that? If so, please explain how.

>"A few mm" appears to be off by a factor of c. 9. <

With hindsight, I accept that 7mm is not perhaps best described as "a few
mm". However, I do not see that it is "...off by a factor of 9".

73 John
GW4FRX