[AMPS] Zener screen supplies

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Zener screen supplies
From: conrad.farlow@virgin.net (conrad.farlow@virgin.net)
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 04:25:33 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "measures" <2@vc.net>
To: "AMPS" <amps@contesting.com>
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2001 2:41 AM
Subject: Re: [AMPS] Zener screen supplies

> >>A tube that arced is already a proven leaker.
> >>

> >Not true, on two counts.
> >
> >1. Sometimes the arc is due to an RF problem external to the tube, such
> >as a high SWR.
> >
> >2. Sometimes the arc isn't any kind of RF problem at all. Many of mine
> >have been due to insects (or loose parts shredded by the blower) being
> >carried in the airstream until they lodge in the chimney between the
> >anode and the screen ring.
> >
> ?  How did the insects get inside the tubes?

 It amazes me how different the English language is over here :)

 until they (the insects or loose parts) are carried in the airstream until
they (the insects or loose parts) are lodged in the chimney between the
anode(external bit of the tube) and the screen ring (of the socket). I hope
the translation has helped Rich :)

Not taurine feculance!

Regards

Conrad G0RUZ