[AMPS] Cardwell-Multronics

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Cardwell-Multronics
From: nospam4me@juno.com (nospam4me@juno.com)
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 20:34:14 -0700
-
Hello again,
-
A big thank you to everyone who replied to my request
for the current large inductor folks, selling the former
EF Johnson and other brand high power inductors.
-
A phone call off the web site telco number raised
some nice enough sounding folks, quick to give
information about price and availability.
-
Seems they keep a certain amount of common
large inductors in stock, larger ones have to be made
up with an expected 3 week lead time.
-
> ?   Cardwell-Multronics.  .  . and they ain't cheap,
-
Couldn't have been said any better, but when you
have to play, you have to pay.  Funny how Broadcast
Station Managers don't want to spend preventing
down time, but when the station goes off...
the purse opens up real quick.
-
The original 10KW AM antenna phasor assembly has
interesting "odd value" (current rating wise) original
EF Johnson 36, 44 amp inductors.
-
The current Cardwell line up is a more straight-
forward tier set of values in normalized increments.
To replace the current inductors requires a step up
to the next higher levels.
Funny, but the next higher levels of one or two parts
are the exact part as the older EF Johnson parts.
-
It all looks like top notch stuff, glad someone is still
making it right.  When the new stuff comes in, I can
retrieve my "spare parts" supply back home.
-
Again thanks to all, hope to see some of your
rusty mugs at Dayton.
-
cheers
skipp    wv6f