[AMPS] Buffer/Driver Stage for 4-1000 Amp

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Buffer/Driver Stage for 4-1000 Amp
From: Jan.E.Holm@telia.se (Jan.E.Holm@telia.se)
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 07:29:27 +0200

      No need for buffer stage. With 5-6 kV on 4-1000A it will put
      2.5 to 3 kW without no problem. If more power is wanted just
      add another 4-1000A and there will be another 3 dB of power.
      It´s just messy and tricky to run a driver, I´ve tried it and
didn´t
      like it.

      / SM2EKM

     PS: Best would probably be a dual 4-1000A driven by a 100 W
     exciter, in this case no ALC over shot from exciter will cause
     amp flattoping and splatter etc etc, there will be plenty of elbow
     room inside the possible envelope.