[AMPS] Buffer/Driver Stage for 4-1000 Amp

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Buffer/Driver Stage for 4-1000 Amp
From: 2@vc.net (measures)
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 07:04:03 -0700

>I agree, a single 4-1000A with 4 to 6 KV on the anode and a broad-band
>input circuit will drive very nicely with 75 to 100 watts.

In G-G, a broadband input is not a substitute for
                        individual pi tuned inputs.

>A driver
>will be a lot of trouble and produce the likely hood of poor IMD
>products.
>
>Regarding more power, I suggest the use of a 4CX10,000 if more is
>needed. Of course, you'll be exceeding all the regulations with regard
>to amateur power regulations.

?  One can run a 4CX10,000 at c. 1300w out simply by backing off on the
microphone gain until the anode current doesn't increase during
modulation.  This is Class A.  No retuning is necessary.  However, if
interlopers try to take over the freq., increase mic. gain.  note -- It
is not legal to use more power than is necessary to communicate.

end