[AMPS] Conjugate Matching In Class B and C Amplifiers

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Conjugate Matching In Class B and C Amplifiers
From: Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com (Michael Tope)
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 11:33:32 -0700
Billy/John,

I am not sure it even makes sense to talk about conjugate matching and
unconditional stability. Unconditional stability implies that an amplifier
is stable for all combinations of positive resistance input and output load
impedances, whereas conjugate matching implies a single pair of input and
output impedances. Of course, since input impedance termination can effect
output impedance and  vice versa, there may be a loci of input/output
impedances
pairs which produce a simultaneous input and output conjugate match, but this
loci certainly wouln't include the whole 2 dimensional input/ouput impedance
state space of all possible combinations of input and output impedances with
positive real components as implied by unconditional stability.