[AMPS] VHF/UHF cavity design

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] VHF/UHF cavity design
From: conrad.farlow@virgin.net (conrad.farlow@virgin.net)
Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 02:08:16 +0100
I am looking for a source of the finer points of cavity design for 144 and
432 Mhz. I am aware of some of the design criteria but I would like to know
more. Can anyone recommend some reading or better still is there anyone out
there with design experience who is not too busy to help an inquisitive soul
like me?

Are there any excel spreadsheets available like there are for Pi Tanks?

Any help gratefully accepted. I want to design something myself for a change
and not just copy an existing design. I would be interested in speaking to
anyone who has a YC-156 or 3CPX5000A7 on 2m in a half wave cavity on 144Mhz.
I know that there are a few people out there using this tube so........

I have definitely decided to use a 1/2wl anode cavity, I have found them
superior to striplines in my experience.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Regards

Conrad Farlow G0RUZ