[AMPS] HF Power Divider/Combiner

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] HF Power Divider/Combiner
From: billydeanward@hotmail.com (Billy Ward)
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2001 01:01:16 -0000
Greetings,

Are you wanting to divide into two parts or more?  I have tried all of the
splitter/combiners in the Motorola RF device apnotes.  I do not have access
to my library at this time as it is in another state in storage so I'll wing
it.  The one that was originally designed by Helge Granburg<<--spelling? for
his 1KW amp using the 28 volt transistors is good to at least 2KW while
still running "JUST" warm. I personally took his amplifier home with me
after a vistit to Motorola back in 1973 and
I played around with it quite a bit.

The combiners that use the brass tube type transformers work great at any
power level as long as the size of the ferrite cores is considered.  Three
of the transformers side by side using a common wire for 1-1/2 transformers
works very well as a 2-way divider.  The wire starts at one of the
transformers and winds through that transformer and continues through the
center transformer and terminates on the opposite tube at the opposite end.
The other side of the three transformers is a mirror image of this.  If this
is hard to follow, refer to the Motorola manual while reading this and see
if you can find something that looks like I am
writing about.

Billy

To: <amps@contesting.com>