[AMPS] SICK ALPHA 77DX

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] SICK ALPHA 77DX
From: philk5pc@tyler.net (Phil Clements)
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 10:34:47 -0500
Hi Paul, et al!

The fuse F3 is a 2 amp SB for the 77DX and a 3 amp SB
for the 77SX. Only the K2B contact is fused. The other
side of the line (K2A and R1) have no fuse. If K2B welds
closed, R1 will make a big mess in your box. If K2 never
closes at all, you will probably loose both step-start resistors. (R1 and R2.)
Very messy indeed! A lot of guys just keep changing F3 until the resistors
explode.
While one is in this area, it is good PM to check all of the
power resistors and wire-dress in the bleeder string and B- .
(((73)))
Phil, K5PC

Phil Clements
410 VZ CR 4903