[AMPS] Gound fault

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Gound fault
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 08:30:28 -0400
> Since this is a product specific product wirh a product that I have had no
> experience with, I am lost!  However, if it turns out to be complex, you
> can do a simple thing with one transistor as an RF sensing switch.
>
> I will send you the circuit that I designed many years ago if you need me
> to.
>
> Billy Dean Ward

The last thing in the world anyone should do with an HF amplifier is
use an RF sensing system to switch the thing!

Timing problems are bad enough without waiting until RF appears
to transfer the amplifier relay!

I don't understand the problem the person described. The Drake
has an internal supply for the relay. Why does it need external 12v?

73, Tom W8JI
W8JI@contesting.com