[AMPS] Gound fault

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Gound fault
From: 2@vc.net (2)
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 07:07:02 -0700

Tom Rauch said:
>The last thing in the world anyone should do with an HF amplifier is
>use an RF sensing system to switch the thing!

>Timing problems are bad enough without waiting until RF appears
>to transfer the amplifier relay!

//  Indeed, Mr Rauch, indeed.   Another problem is that RF-sensing causes
the amplifier to switch into non-linear bias during soft-syllables of
speech.  Nacherly, this makes rotten splatter.  So why in the world do
MFJ/Ameritron amplifiers use RF- sensing?

cheers

-  R. L. Measures, 805.386.3734,AG6K, www.vcnet.com/measures.
end