[AMPS] Additional Info Voltage Doubler/Filter Capacitance

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Additional Info Voltage Doubler/Filter Capacitance
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 10:14:48 -0400
> Kurt,
> There is full info on modelling voltage doublers on the Duncan amps =
> site. You do not have to download and store, you can simply open the
> site and = do the exercise

I didn't seem to be able to do that Barry. I had to download the file.

I could only run the bridge rectifier program, and it very clearly gave
me incorrect answers.

In one example I modelled a full wave rectifier with 20 ohms ESR
(the maximum it allows) with 2600 volts at the transformer, and it
said 3600 volts dc output. That is clearly incorrect.

Anyone else have bad results?
73, Tom W8JI
W8JI@contesting.com