[AMPS] Tuned Input Circuit Q

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Tuned Input Circuit Q
From: philk5pc@tyler.net (Phil Clements)
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 20:37:38 -0500
A nifty disk came with the 1996 ARRL Handbook.
Among the programs is "pinet."
I find this useful in starting out with a new design.
You are asked to input R2, which is Rout, C(min),
Q, and steps for calculating R1.

I will let Tom et al decide if this is in the "ball park."
I ran an R2 of 50 ohms, C(min) of 15 pf, and Q of 5.
For 160 meters, I got :
C1=4194 pf      L=2.9 uh and C2=4194 pf.

For a Q of 2, the above change to:
C1=1678 pf      L=4.2 uh and C2=1678 pf.

"Free" software is sometimes worth what it costs, but
it has worked for starters for me.

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC