[AMPS] Tuned Input Circuit Q

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Tuned Input Circuit Q
From: 2@vc.net (2)
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 23:54:50 -0700
>Hello List members,
>Is there a formula for calculating tuned input circuit Q. I see a chart in
>Bill Orr,s Handbook for various input impedances with Q,s of 2-3. Im
>probably missing something here. How would you calculate for a tuned input
>Q of 5. Im trying to learn so if its a dumb question I apologize for my
>lack of experience. Is it roughly Rin/xc1?

//  Yes.  However, Xc2 raises the Q a bit.  If Xc1=15 - 25 ohms, it will
quite likely produce a decent match for the transceiver.   More Q =s a
better flywheel.  Less Q =s more bandwidth and not as good an SWR.

> Im curious as how to arrive at
>the values for a tuned input pi net for a given Q.

//   G-G tuned inputs are sorta like fishing bait.  Whatever works is
right.
- cheers, Jeff

-  R. L. Measures, 805.386.3734, AG6K, www.vcnet.com/measures.
end